The Rockler Pro Phenolic Router Table is made from one-piece of 3/4″ phenolic solid material that is designed for an ultra-flat, low-friction surface that will not warp, dent, or scratch. A phenolic sheet is a hard, dense material made by applying heat and pressure to layers of paper or glass cloth impregnated with synthetic resin.
The whiter, brighter finish on this router table enhances visibility. It enables you to effortless make above-table adjustments and bit changes. It has a T-profile miter slot which allows you to use a miter gauge, while the T-tracks in both the fence and table accept stops, hold-downs and more. The Rockler Pro Phenolic Router Table package includes a Rockler Pro Router Table Fence,Bit Guard,Dust Port and Rockler Router Lift FX with Insert Ring.
Some of the Router Table Features:
- This is long lasting router table that is designed for many years of use. It is made of high quality and tough materials. You are therefore guaranteed to use it for many years before replacing it.
- Integrated bit guards. It has integrated bit guards and the top mounted universal T-profile. This is necessary for stops, hold downs and feather boards.
- The Rockler Pro Phenolic Router Table is designed to use different plates. You can choose from four different plates that will allow you to customize this table to the router model that you own, but also gives you the ability to use more than one type or brand of router on this table. Several of these plates are pre-drilled or you can purchase two non-drilled plates. Either way, you’ll get a perfect fit with far fewer catch points than typical ”Swiss Cheese” universal plates.
- Measures 24” x 32” table for over five square feet of surface area
- 8-point plate leveling system with two locking points
- Ergonomic T-knobs for easy fence adjustment
- Includes: a fence with extruded aluminum backer for straight, accurate cuts.
- Large opening in fence is easily adjustable to accommodate large router bits
- Fence backer features top-mounted universal T-track that accepts 5/16” T-bolts, 1/4” T-bolts, and 1/4” hex bolts
- Includes dust port and bit safety guard for safe routing
- Fence features a 2-1/2″ O.D. (2-1/4″ I.D.) dust port
The included router lift fx helps adjust bit height quickly and easily from atop your router table. The design of this tool allow you to enjoy sag-free support from the heavy-duty plate. The lift housing accepts a wide range of small-to-medium sized routers. The Top plate is perfectly sized to fit the router table.You can use the following routers: Porter-Cable 690/890 Series, Bosch 1617-16-18, DeWalt* 610, 616, 618.
The Plate measures 8-1/4″ x 11-3/4″ x 3/8″. The Insert plate’s center hole is 3-11/16″ overall dia. and can accept larger raised panel bits, plus it includes an insert ring with a 1-1/2″ bit. That work great with large opening inserts. This is a nice feature with this router table package and purchased together will save you some money.
- Easy to use
- Aluminum router plate is CNC machined for incredible flatness and precision
- Several different pre-drilled plate designed to fit different models of routers
- Dust port
- Rockler Router Lift FX.
- The lift offers above table router bits changes
- Great for budget minded Wood workers
- Can be portable or attached to a custom stand in the work shop.
- no pre-drilled holes for the dust bucket.
- Need to purchase the stand separately
- Dust collector hood lets a lot of material slide under and collect on the back side of the fence.
- Designed for up to 2.25 Horse powered Routers.
- The plate leveling system could have used Allen head set screws that are adjusted from the top of the plate.
- Depth adjustment does not remain the same due to vibration( The fix for this is a nut below that could be tightened for depth adjustment to remain in place.)
Choosing a Router Table and Lift:
Even if you’re sold on the value of a router table and lift, deciding which one to buy is still a challenge many wood worker face. The problem is there are so many to choose from, and most of them look pretty much alike. What should you look for in a router lift? There are a number of factors worth considering and the link to this article will help you decided.
Rockler Pro Phenolic Router Table Reviews:
After researching several small router tables the Rockler Pro Router Table was very popular on the different wood working sites and received a lot of positive reviews from beginning to advanced wood worker alike. The other thing about this small router table top was the accessories that were included for the price and ability to mount it on a steel stand that you could purchase separately. Another option that it will allow you to do is build your own stand.
Click the button to find the best price:
First, pay close attention to the list of routers that the lift will accept. This goes beyond just buying a lift that will fit your current router. Many lifts are designed to fit a certain class of router. Lifts designed for hefty 3-1/4 HP routers may or may not offer adapters for smaller 2-1/2 HP routers, but you’ll never get a jumbo router into a lift that was meant for a router with a smaller diameter motor. If a router upgrade is in your future, think ahead and buy a table and lift that will accept the more powerful router you’ve been eyeing, but if you are looking for one that will handle a 2.25 and smaller than this is the table and lift package for you. The Rockler Pro Phenolic Router Table With Lift FX is a great set-up for beginning wood workers that want to up grade their router to a table top router.