What is A Rockler Router Fluting Jig?:
This Rockler wood router fluting jig is designed to help a wood worker create repetitive flutes. These flutes are a great way to add style to columns, molding or furniture parts, but machining them can be a true test of patience. Fortunately, this innovative jig makes it fast and easy to rout perfect flutes with even spacing every time. Two low-frictions, underside rails straddle your work piece, allowing the jig to slide smoothly along boards up to 9-1/2″ wide, which is wide enough to cut flutes evenly spaced over 8” wide. The router mounts to a pre-drilled acrylic centerpiece, which slides laterally to rout out flute after flute. Scales on the centerpiece and writable/erasable indexing surfaces make setup simple.
Rockler Router Fluting Jig Features:
- This Rockler router fluting jig works great, it is easy to use and setup. It delivers consistent and precise performance. Moreover, it works well with the edge ramp jigs and allowing it to create pointed end flutes.
- This is long lasting jig designed for many years of use. It is made of high quality and tough materials. Therefore, you are assured to use it for many years before replacing it
- Pre-drilled to fit most routers on the market.
- Easy to custom drill for non-standard routers.
- Zero mark on scales aligns with center of bit.
- Built with MDF, aluminum and phenolic for long lasting durability.
How to Use this Rockler Router Fluting Jig:
1. Attach your router.
2. Mark for your flutes on the yellow pad.
3. “Zero out” the metal scale with your first mark.
4. Lock down the acrylic base.
5. Plough out the flute.
6. Slide the base to your next mark, lock it down, plough another flute…and so on until your piece is done!
- Easy to use
- Easy and Fast to mount
- Easy to maintain
- Long lasting
- High precision
- Jig is equal to the task and takes the pain out of the planning and building your own project.
- Cuts Flutes at a 45 degree angle
- Locking screws could not be tightened enough to keep the jig from slipping
- Many not fit some wood routers on the market like Sears or Freud models with out drilling your own holes
- Need to make your own template
- Not for beginning woodworkers.
- Tendency for the acrylic base guide to slip while making the flutes.
What Is Included with The Rockler Router Fluting Jig Set:
(1) Jig base
(1) Acrylic router plate
(2) Plate guides with write/erase surface
(1) Adjustable fence
(1) Fixed fence
(2) Adjustable fence knobs
(2) Router plate knobs
This jig from Rockler is made for an intermediate to advance wood worker that wants to create some beautiful flutes on all their furniture or wood working project. About the only bad thing, I can say is that when you get a jig that works this well you will want to make the pattern or design a part of almost every project you work on.